Limit fatty cuts of meat.
- Beef, lean cuts and lean ground round or sirloin.
- Chicken or turkey breasts and tenders, skinless, boneless.
- Chicken or turkey, ground.
- Fish, high in omega-3s, such as herring, mackerel, salmon, trout, tuna.
- Pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat.
What meats are good for lowering cholesterol?
Meat, Poultry, Fish, Dry Beans, Eggs, and Nuts. To lower your blood cholesterol level, choose only the leanest meats, poultry, fish and shellfish. Choose chicken and turkey without skin or remove skin before eating. Some fish, like cod, have less saturated fat than either chicken or meat.
What foods are bad for your heart?
Foods That Are Bad for Your Heart
- Sugar, Salt, Fat. Over time, high amounts of salt, sugar, saturated fat, and refined carbs raise your risk for a heart attack or stroke.
- Red Meat.
- Baked Goods.
- Processed Meats.
- White Rice, Bread, and Pasta.
Is pork good for heart?
Pork contains good amounts of many other vitamins and minerals. Additionally, processed, cured pork products, such as ham and bacon, contain high amounts of salt (sodium). SUMMARY Pork is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, including thiamine, zinc, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, niacin, phosphorus, and iron.