8 Heart-Healthy Ideas for a Nourishing Lunch
- Cauliflower Rice Lunch Bowl with Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas.
- Spicy Salmon Black Bean Salad.
- Roasted Cauliflower & Lentil Bowl with Sweet Potato Hummus.
- Chicken Lentil Soup.
- Warm Beet and Farro Salad.
- Scrambled Chickpea and Spinach Pitas.
- “Low-Rent” Tuna Poke Bowl.
- Quinoa Tabbouleh.
What is the healthiest lunch?
Some good ideas in here you might want to try yourself.
- Stuffed Ranchero Sweet Potato.
- Vegetable Grits.
- Egg and Avocado Sandwich.
- Skillet Bananas with Coconut and Chocolate Chips.
- Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce.
- Salad with Chicken, Cheese, Carrots, Hummus, and Crackers.
- Chopped Quinoa Salad with Cranberries.
How do you pack a heart healthy lunch?
Packing Your Lunch
- Low-sodium canned tuna or low-sodium canned salmon (try it in a salad or on a sandwich with whole-wheat bread)
- Low-fat string cheese.
- Fresh fruits.
- Non-fat yogurt.
- Veggie sticks.
- Whole-grain breakfast cereal, such as the American Heart Association’s recipe for Overnight No-Cook Banana Oatmeal.
What is a good heart healthy meal?
Menus for heart-healthy eating: Cut the fat and salt. One way to begin is to create a daily meal plan that emphasizes vegetables, fruits and whole grains and limits high-fat foods (such as red meat, cheese and baked goods) and high-sodium foods (such as canned or processed foods).
What is a good heart healthy breakfast?
A healthy breakfast may protect against heart disease
- a bowl of steel-cut oatmeal topped with fruit and walnuts.
- a bowl of high-fiber, whole-grain cereal such as Fiber One, Shredded Wheat, or Cheerios with milk and sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries, or other fruit.
- 6 or 8 ounces of 1% yogurt with blueberries and sunflower seeds.