The 12 Best Foods to Boost Your Metabolism
- Protein-Rich Foods. Protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours.
- Iron, Zinc and Selenium-Rich Foods.
- Chili Peppers.
- Legumes and Pulses.
- Metabolism-Boosting Spices.
How can I boost my metabolism to lose weight?
Here are 10 easy ways to increase your metabolism.
- Eat Plenty of Protein at Every Meal. Eating food can increase your metabolism for a few hours.
- Drink More Cold Water.
- Do a High-Intensity Workout.
- Lift Heavy Things.
- Stand up More.
- Drink Green Tea or Oolong Tea.
- Eat Spicy Foods.
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep.
Can you really increase your metabolism?
Yes, although your metabolism is usually fairly stable, there are several things you can do to help rev it up. Working out builds muscle. Muscle speeds metabolism. As the body works more efficiently, it processes food faster and your appetite increases.
When should I eat to increase my metabolism?
Eating more often can help you lose weight. When you eat large meals with many hours in between, your metabolism slows down between meals. Having a small meal or snack every 3 to 4 hours keeps your metabolism cranking, so you burn more calories over the course of a day.
Does eating healthy speed up your metabolism?
Eat more often
Your metabolism speeds up after you eat in an effort to digest food and turn it into energy. Therefore, eating more often can raise your metabolism and speed up your weight loss.